The MicroStrategy Sales Associate role was born out of the need to ensure customers take advantage of the full portfolio of Education offerings and to accommodate each customer’s training needs as they adopt MicroStrategy technology and solutions. This individual is responsible for ensuring timely communication and support for customers who intend to purchase Education for the first time or renew their Education purchase. The overall success of an individual in this role will be reflective of the Education renewals rate and overall product usage and adoption within the customer’s organization. In addition, this role is expected to work closely with the CSM, Sales and Consulting teams for add-on business in the portfolio of accounts. Individuals in this role need to build a consultative relationship, have an understanding of how the products operate and have a key technical understanding that provides value to their accounts. This position is an integral part of MicroStrategy's long term relationship with its customers, and the efforts put forth by this individual will directly impact the value realized and the ultimate success of the business relationship. Beyond direct interaction with our customers, this individual will work with internal MicroStrategy business units to ensure customer needs are being met in a timely manner. In order to succeed in this role, this individual must have an intense focus on customer success with strong influence abilities.
* Develop strong customer relationships that enable MicroStrategy to become a trusted advisor to our customers
* Help develop a territory plan with Account Executives and Education Sales Manager that drives the growth across each territory
* Deliver information on programs, promotions and products via phone, email, Webex, etc.
* Support customer business processes to reduce friction and enable enterprise level engagement
* Meet or exceed quarterly Education bookings targets.
* Provide business acumen for customers and strive to understand the business problem we are solving in order to best manage the evolution of the solution and to exceed customer expectations.
* Develop strong technical understanding of all MicroStrategy products
* Execute programs to ensure that MicroStrategy is fully aware of the customer's adoption level, value realization, and overall satisfaction with the technology solution(s)
* Work with curriculum development team to channel client feedback and solutions into future releases of the product(s)
* Collaborate cross functionally to achieve customer satisfaction and resolve customer issues in a timely fashion
* Collaborate with Sales Account Management and executives to identify areas of education expansion and adoption opportunities
*Required Experience and Skills*
Motivation, Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer-Focus.
*You should also bring the following:*
* Two years of technology and education related sales or relevant work experience in a sales and lead generation role.
* 1 year of experience driving demand and lead generation in the technology industry.
* 1 year of experience using sales automation tools such as Salesforce.com
* Superior oral and written communication skills in English
* A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study preferred
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
* Ability to forge relationships with sales leaders and reps
* Demonstrated client relationship and interpersonal skills
* Self-starter with an ability to identify areas for improvement
* Must possess an enthusiastic personality and foster a positive work environment
* Client-focused attitude — a customer advocate
* Understanding of packaged application software implementation practices
* High level knowledge of enterprise IT organizational, business, and technical environments
* Travel: up to 20% depending on location of customers
* Able to support MicroStrategy customers during their working hours between 9:00am and 7:00pm EST
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at 703.848.8600.